The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Producing imagery with ARCHICAD or 3rd party products; Surfaces; Lighting; Cameras; Artlantis/Cinema 4D/Maxwell etc.

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, gkmethy

By Kar San
Hi all!

Please tell me some advice, how can i make this photo more realistic? I rendered this with AC 13 Lightworks engine, I didn't use photoshop or something like that just ligthworks. Every advice would be useful!
Thanks in forward!

Alex
Attachments
Új terv-cserép6.jpg
By joker3.1
This is a beach house I designed in ArchiCAD 12 EDU and rendered in Artlantis and touched up in photoshop cs4. More info is on my blog: http://ethanjones.wordpress.com
Attachments
Luloworth THREE 1600 1200 copy.jpg
By fuzzymike2002
Quick one modeled with ArchiCAD 13, rendered in 3D Studio Max & Vray.

Still learning, but slowly getting there!!!

Mike
Attachments
PJ8 Apartment PS Small.jpg
By Mats_Knutsson
Hi,
I see several Vray renders in this post. What is your experience with ArchiCAD+VRay in general? Cumbersome, normal or delight?
Is it a valid everyday rendering workflow considering model revision etc when using Vray on 3D Studio? I have a few questions about this. Many companies seem reluctant to use C4D+Vray when they have in-house expertise with 3DS.
/Mats
By NeckoFromSarajevo
Mats_Knutsson wrote:Hi,
I see several Vray renders in this post. What is your experience with ArchiCAD+VRay in general? Cumbersome, normal or delight?
Is it a valid everyday rendering workflow considering model revision etc when using Vray on 3D Studio? I have a few questions about this. Many companies seem reluctant to use C4D+Vray when they have in-house expertise with 3DS.
/Mats
archicad material manipulation i TERRIBLE and i think that archicad have worst material edit possibilites (very very slow changing and editing materials) So i use archicad only as a modeler (but as time pass i use it less and less cos archicad dont have modeling tools and most of time i can draw cubes only)

Vray is the Best rendering program out there
Super fast - Super results

Sketchup + vray (only good with small models if u have complex scene then sketchup will not be able to navigate trough model. Sketchup will start to work like video on 5 FPS

Rhino + vray (Perfect for me) no limitations

Best - 3ds + Vray + RTVray
This is the best combo !
You can have real time render with 3ds

C4d - tryed - erased - didnt like it

archicad to vray dont have any workflow !
if u need to update something you will lose 30 minutes and that sux :)
By kliment
NeckoFromSarajevo wrote: archicad material manipulation i TERRIBLE and i think that archicad have worst material edit possibilites.
Ths is exactly my opinion too!
NeckoFromSarajevo wrote: archicad to vray dont have any workflow! if u need to update something you will lose 30 minutes and that sux :)

Alas, this is also true! 30 to 90 minutes! :(
By Mats_Knutsson
kliment wrote:
NeckoFromSarajevo wrote: archicad material manipulation i TERRIBLE and i think that archicad have worst material edit possibilites.
Ths is exactly my opinion too!
NeckoFromSarajevo wrote: archicad to vray dont have any workflow! if u need to update something you will lose 30 minutes and that sux :)

Alas, this is also true! 30 to 90 minutes! :(
I agree with the material handling. I don't know exactly when the rendering stuff will be upgraded/changed but I'm sure it's not far away.

Regarding Vray. Are there any advantages using C4D+Vray instead of 3DMax+Vray?

/Mats
By ejrolon
The Advantage is that you can get the plugin for C4D which lets you update the model without having to redefine the materials. This is a very good workflow, akin to the Update with Reference option in Artlantis.Please see

http://dinnye.neobase.hu/

AFAIK there is no equivalent for 3DS+Vray
---
Plus C4D runs in OS X :wink:
By TMA_80
Hi !
In the Agsvis (who developped vray for sketchup & Rhino )website , ArchiCAD was leading the vote for the product for which we like to have a VRAY plugin integrated to...however
http://forum.asgvis.com/index.php?topic ... 3#msg36263
ejrolon wrote: AFAIK there is no equivalent for 3DS+Vray
i don't know how eficiente it is ( and I don't think it could reach the c4d importer ) but there seem to be an equivalent for 3dmax

http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/scrip ... d-importer