The Global Archicad Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Producing imagery with Archicad or 3rd party products; Surfaces; Lighting; Cameras; Artlantis/Cinema 4D/Maxwell etc.

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, gkmethy

By nonco
Ive been trying out some of the 2D sprite trees for rendering purposes but there seems to be a semi-transparent box around where the sprite is.

Against other things it seems to be hard to notice but against the sky its very noticeable and id much prefer not to show it like that to clients.

Is there any way to make it completely transparent?
Attachments
tree.jpg
By arqrivas
Hello, there is a setting in the render settings that will fix that, I can't remember exactly which one (I'll try to find out later which one is) but try using a render setting template like "daylight fast physical", I think that will solve the problem and from there you can tweak your render settings.
By alemanda
Cinerender has 2 types of render.
You have to use the phisical render in Cinerender to not see the box of the billboard
By nonco
alemanda wrote:Cinerender has 2 types of render.
You have to use the phisical render in Cinerender to not see the box of the billboard
arqrivas wrote:Hello, there is a setting in the render settings that will fix that, I can't remember exactly which one (I'll try to find out later which one is) but try using a render setting template like "daylight fast physical", I think that will solve the problem and from there you can tweak your render settings.
Thanks guys, I tried a physical render and the box is gone.

I am still pretty new to rendering, what is the main differences between Physical and Normal?