Scott Bulmer wrote: ↑Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:16 am
Is Twinmotion Direct available for Archicad 24 and if so where is it? Thanks, Scott
It's not available yet. However, I would recommend not waiting for it and just proceed by saving out an FBX file from ArchiCAD (use the "Save As" Twinmotion) option from the 3D window. The previous direct links were very buggy at best and caused a lot of crashes.
1) Save out FBX file from ArchiCAD
2) Open new file in Twinmotion
3) Go to Import tab and bring in the FBX file
4) Save file as .tm file
5) Go back to ArchiCAD and make edits as usual
6) Resave FBX file replacing older version (of course use the same name)
7) In Twinmotion go to the import tab and select the FBX file that was originally imported and refresh
8 ) New ArchiCAD model will appear where old one was keeping all of the Twinmotion texture edits from before
9) This is basically a manual process of direct link, but without the crashes.
Rex Maximilian, Honolulu, USA - www.rexmaximilian.com
ArchiCAD 23/24 (user since 3.4, 1991)
27" iMac (2019), 8-core 3.6 Ghz i9 processor, 40GB RAM, 1.5TB SSD, Radeon Pro Vega 48 (8GB)
Creator of the Maximilian ArchiCAD Template System