The Global Archicad Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Producing imagery with Archicad or 3rd party products; Surfaces; Lighting; Cameras; Artlantis/Cinema 4D/Maxwell etc.

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Gordana Radonic, nbalogh, mnguyen, gkmethy

By Spadduh
Hi,

I have been having an issue when rendering with MAXON CineRender, where rendering gets stuck at 0,0% after counting. I have been waiting several hours for something to happen, but it stays at 0,0%. It only gets to this very pixelated image (screenshot attached).

I tried copying and pasting all the elements to a different file, but it didn't work. I also read somewhere that adjusting sun settings might fix the bug, but it didn't fix the problem either.

So it's not about the file being corrupted or anything like that. I have been able to render just fine before this, so I doubt it's a RAM or GPU issue. Rendering without materials (white rendering I guess? My Archicad is in Finnish so I'm not so sure about the terms) is working just fine.

I have a deadline due to next week so I'm kinda starting to panic.

EDIT: I have MacOS Catalina 10.15.7
Attachments
Näyttökuva 2020-11-25 kello 14.10.55.png
Näyttökuva 2020-11-25 kello 14.10.55.png (318.54 KiB) Viewed 166 times
By mikas
You could share your computer set-up, maybe in your profile signature like other members do?
You could enlighten readers about the file size and complexity of your model a little bit?

If the clay model renders ok, but the real render doesn't, I would say it's a material issue.
Maybe you have used procedural grass in your scene.
Maybe there are too big images and/or other complexity with material bake-ups.
Maybe your render settings/preset is abnormally high for your model complexity and/or computer.

I would have suggested lack of RAM first though..

edit. it's not GPU, cinerender is CPU/RAM bound only.
By Lingwisyer
Marquee parts of your scene and render the selection. If it does not render a specific spot, isolate what is unique in that area. If it does not render unless your marqueed area is small, then it is probably a memory issue.

Ling.
By Erwin Edel
Looking at that screenshot it looks like you maybe have a large body of water in 3D with a water surface on it.

The ripples, reflections etc of this could be what is making things crash. Especially if you have drawn a large surface for the water.