The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Plot Control, Publishing, Import-Export (DXF/DWG, PDF...), IFC…

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, gkmethy

What is your opinion about this Wish?

Essential
No votes
0%
Important
No votes
0%
Average
No votes
0%
Not important
50%
Not needed
50%
By Cosmin Ghioanca
In order to support the draftsman the program need to output 2 essential principles: information and liberty. I am an architect, a draftsman and a P.M.; for few projects all together. Working with ArchiCAD from version 6.5 I've noticed that some aspects didn't change at all or just a little. One of those is the label tool. From the next version of the program I do expect a new label tool that can understand the composites, the surfaces and then it let's us change those by a simple double click (just like text tool does. It's such a simple aspect to be considered and it gives so much time back to the user.
By Barry Kelly
You mean you want to amend the label and have it adjust the materials in the wall?
I don' think that will happen any time soon.
How could you have a label change the composite structure of a wall if you don't already have a composite wall made up as you want it to be.

The label simply reports what information you want from the wall (or any other element).
Simply change the wall and the label will update.
So create a wall with the composites you want, change the wall to that composite structure and the label will change automatically.

Barry.