The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Plot Control, Publishing, Import-Export (DXF/DWG, PDF...), IFC…

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, gkmethy

What's your opinion about this wish?

Essential (5)
2
67%
Important (4)
1
33%
Average (3)
No votes
0%
Not important (2)
No votes
0%
Not needed (1)
No votes
0%
#205156
There was this post (found with a simple search) but i don't know if it is a good sloution.

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/vie ... uts#188132

I would just set up and A3 layout page and copy your A4 layouts onto it - one each side.
Then just print the A3 page.
You can keep both the A3 & A4 layouts in your project so you can print either or both any time you want.

Barry.
#205168
Barry Kelly wrote:There was this post (found with a simple search) but i don't know if it is a good sloution.

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/vie ... uts#188132

I would just set up and A3 layout page and copy your A4 layouts onto it - one each side.
Then just print the A3 page.
You can keep both the A3 & A4 layouts in your project so you can print either or both any time you want.

Barry.
The software indicated doesn't work for mac...
I have my project set in a A3 book, i don't have to group everything, it will ruin my book...

Somebody help
#205169
romeuferreiramail wrote:I have my project set in a A3 book, i don't have to group everything, it will ruin my book...
I am confused now.
You have A4 layout pages in an A3 layout book?

If you have A4 layout pages with A4 master layouts then these are fine and you leave those as they are.
Create a new folder in your layout book for the A3 pages.
You will need an A3 master file.
Copy the contents of one A4 page onto the A3 layout and move it to one side.
Copy the contents of another A4 page and paste in into the A3 layout moving it to the other side.

Both the A3 and the A4 layouts will update as you amend the model so there will be no additional work required on your part other than the initial setup.

Now you can set up two publisher sets - one for A4 if you want to print the pages separately and one for the A3 that will print 2 A4 layouts on the one page.

Or is this not what you are trying to do?
Barry.
#205170
Or are you trying to print 2 A3 sheets at a reduced scale so they fit on one A3 sheet?
Barry.
#205172
Barry Kelly wrote:
romeuferreiramail wrote:I have my project set in a A3 book, i don't have to group everything, it will ruin my book...


I am confused now.
You have A4 layout pages in an A3 layout book?

If you have A4 layout pages with A4 master layouts then these are fine and you leave those as they are.
Create a new folder in your layout book for the A3 pages.
You will need an A3 master file.
Copy the contents of one A4 page onto the A3 layout and move it to one side.
Copy the contents of another A4 page and paste in into the A3 layout moving it to the other side.

Both the A3 and the A4 layouts will update as you amend the model so there will be no additional work required on your part other than the initial setup.

Now you can set up two publisher sets - one for A4 if you want to print the pages separately and one for the A3 that will print 2 A4 layouts on the one page.

Or is this not what you are trying to do?
Barry.


All of my layouts are in A3 and i want to plot them in A2, 2 layouts at 1 time to fit in 24 inches plotter width. A2 correspond to potter's width! That way it will optimize my printing for no paper waste... i don't want to arrange and create new group.... i want a way to manage plotting!

Thank you for your time
#205176
I think you will need to set up an A2 master and layout set then.
There is no way I know to print multiple layouts on one page directly from Archicad.
Your only hope is for a separate piece of software that might do this.
Barry.
#205232
Here's a work-a-round:
Instead of sending your layout book to the printer... save it as a multipage PDF.

When you print the PDF, select your A2 paper and "Pages per Sheet: 2"

Make sense?
Attachments
Screen shot 2012-06-24 at 12.18.02 AM.png
#205240
Great idea Marc.
Slightly different options dialogue on Windows machine but it is possible with Acrobat reader.
So it is possible on either platform without any additional software.

Barry.