The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Plot Control, Publishing, Import-Export (DXF/DWG, PDF...), IFC…

Moderators: ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, gkmethy

What's your opinion about this wish?

Essential (5)
90%
Important (4)
5%
Average (3)
No votes
0%
Not important (2)
No votes
0%
Not needed (1)
5%
By Dan G
There appears to be no way to truly flatten the content of a PDF when publishing from ArchiCAD. Meaning sometimes PDF's are very large or the redraw time is very long. It would be good if there were more options for flattening PDF files within ArchiCAD.

More discussion on this issue from a previous thread here;
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/vie ... 167#273167
I just did a test between using the printer (446 kb) vs using publisher (4094 kb). This test sheet is a code plan that has a lot of fills. Sorry, I need client permission to upload sample and I'm not going to pester them for this.

Obviously the printer option provides a smaller file size, but the time it takes to print a large project one sheet at a time and then assemble in to one PDF for distribution is unacceptable.

I'm using AC23 on a Windows 10 PC, do MAC users have the same problem?

Please GRAPHISOFT, we need a smaller PDF file size option.
Darren.Kilker wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 8:19 pm
...but the time it takes to print a large project one sheet at a time and then assemble in to one PDF for distribution is unacceptable...
You can set a Publisher Set to Print all pages. So you don't have to go to File/Print for every page.
When using built in PDF, you can try Document Options/PDF Options, and review those settings like uncheck Layers, and Compress all Images (if you're using).
James B wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 7:48 am

You can set a Publisher Set to Print all pages. So you don't have to go to File/Print for every page.
When using built in PDF, you can try Document Options/PDF Options, and review those settings like uncheck Layers, and Compress all Images (if you're using).
I did those things as part of my testing. I unchecked all but allow print and set the arc dpi to 300 with the compressed images also set to 300 dpi and saved 1 KB.

Printing/publishing with an external PDF printer is extremely slow and creates individual files for each sheet, which then need to be assembled. The file size is significantly smaller, but wow, lots of time to do it.

DK
Darren.Kilker wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 7:38 pm
Printing/publishing with an external PDF printer is extremely slow and creates individual files for each sheet, which then need to be assembled. The file size is significantly smaller, but wow, lots of time to do it.

In you Layout Book select multiple layouts then print?
Attachments
2020-05-14 print.png
2020-05-14 print.png (3.24 KiB) Viewed 259 times
Darren.Kilker wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 7:38 pm

If you have the PDFs you want to publish located inside a folder, you can 'Merge' that folder so they all become one PDF file (saved with the name you have given the folder).

Barry.
Attachments
PDF_merge.jpg