The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Plot Control, Publishing, Import-Export (DXF/DWG, PDF...), IFC…

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, gkmethy

What's your opinion about this wish?

Essential (5)
11%
Important (4)
78%
Average (3)
No votes
0%
Not important (2)
No votes
0%
Not needed (1)
11%
By Roolio
It would be great if when you drag a view (drawing) to the output side of the publisher dialogue box that it would adopt the settings of the other views (drawings) that are already there.

Eg. If I have a view set set up for out-put of autocad drawings and then I want to create a new one a few days later it automatically assumes .DWF instead of .DWG format. THIS IS ANNOYING. I then have to change the settings to .DWG and change the translator to our office standard translator.

Cheers,

Roolio
By tim_r
Hi Roolio,
We create a top-level Folder within the view set, to which we set the attributes we want - DWG, translator setup - before then dragging viewset folders to be within this top-level folder. They automatically adopt the settings associated with the top level folder.

We use this to allow duplicate issusing of a sheet into multiple formats - you can setup another top-level folder to give you a PDF of the sheets as well. If you combine this with "cloning" the folders within the AC project, you get a useful mechanism for controlling issues.
Cheers,
Tim