The Global Archicad Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Plot Control, Publishing, Import-Export (DXF/DWG, PDF...), IFC…

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, gkmethy

What's your opinion about this wish?

Essential (5)
38%
Important (4)
25%
Average (3)
13%
Not important (2)
13%
Not needed (1)
13%
By siteline
It seems pretty basic, but there's no way to change the default border offset (who chose 11.34 points, anyway?) or the default line weight.

Importing dozens of drawings and manually changing each one is very time-consuming over the life of a large project.

A simple preference setting would eliminate all of this extra work, and improve my bottom line (not to mention give me more time for other, more interesting and useful tasks).

Anyone agree?
When you choose the option of having a border, the normally grayed out button 'Border Options' becomes available.

Click on it and you will get a Border Settings dialogue box allowing you to set your border distance, pen and line type.
Attachments
Plot  drwg border.jpg
By siteline
Yes, but I have to do this for every drawing I import, rather than setting a preference that will apply to all imported drawings...
By siteline
I forgot to vote!
By Djordje
siteline wrote:Yes, but I have to do this for every drawing I import, rather than setting a preference that will apply to all imported drawings...
Nope.

When you import the drawings, go to Drawing Usage, select all of them, go to Settings, set the Border, go have a coffee!
By siteline
That's how I do it when I begin an lbk, but the stages that a set goes through inevitably require importing many additional drawings before completion. I dream of importing and not having to even do that...

A guy can dream, can't he?
Jeff,
I do agree with your wish and would like to suggest taking it further.
Wouldn't it be great if this setting were just one of the Display Option combination settings for plotmaker [similar to what we have in AC]?