The Global Archicad Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

GDL language and objects, API, Add-ons, Script…

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Gordana Radonic, nbalogh, mnguyen, gkmethy

What's your opinion about this wish?

Essential (5)
47%
Important (4)
33%
Average (3)
7%
Not important (2)
7%
Not needed (1)
7%
By Ted Taylor
Thanks for looking at this.

When I first tried it, I had "Element ID" showing in "The Selected Criteria" Box. As in Woodster's second screen shot. When I removed "Element ID" from the box, it worked as it was supposed to.

Looking at everyone's signatures,I am wondering if it is Macintosh specific.

Again, thanks. One more tip that can make things a bit easier as we work.
By woodster
Ted Taylor wrote:
Could be, Ted. I'll try it on a Mac when I get back to the office on Monday.

Woody
By patricprz
Ted Taylor wrote:Thanks for looking at this.

When I first tried it, I had "Element ID" showing in "The Selected Criteria" Box. As in Woodster's second screen shot. When I removed "Element ID" from the box, it worked as it was supposed to.

Again, thanks. One more tip that can make things a bit easier as we work.
I had exactly the same problem, and after i removed Element ID it worked. Thank you for that point, i was going insane. But I still do not know how you are meant to number the doors in order on all floors when you cannot select the one by one on seperate floors. ANy ideas?
By woodster
patricprz wrote:But I still do not know how you are meant to number the doors in order on all floors when you cannot select the one by one on seperate floors. ANy ideas?

Theoretically you could do it in the 3D window but I doubt if that would be very practical. What you can do is this...

After numbering the doors on the first floor, move up to the second floor and select the doors in the order in which you would like to have them numbered.
Open the Element ID manager and click on the ID format. There you will be able to tell the ID Manager what number to begin the count at.

Cheers,
Woody
Attachments
id_manager.jpg
id_manager.jpg (37.36 KiB) Viewed 1764 times
By patricprz
I used the same tool and numbered the doors on the ground floor "001" and on the first floor "101" etc., which works well. but you did answer my question, thank you.
By woodster
patricprz wrote:I used the same tool and numbered the doors on the ground floor "001" and on the first floor "101" etc., which works well. but you did answer my question, thank you.

If you are referring to doing more than one floor at a time,like I said...

"Theoretically you could do it in the 3D window but I doubt if that would be very practical."

You could also do it right in the interactive schedule but I think (haven't tested it) it would still be easier to do it as I described, one floor at a time.

Woody
By woodster
woodster wrote:You could also do it right in the interactive schedule but I think (haven't tested it) it would still be easier to do it as I described, one floor at a time.
Tried it... don't bother :?

Woody
By Paul King
Good tip, but would really like to address the more common case where you have door types on multiple floors, spanning the multiple nested modules that make up a typical largish project, and have all these editable from one place. E.g. a 2 way updating door schedule tool that can manipulate multiple contributing module files simultaneously

The auto ID increment thing seems mostly useful in a few small project type situations - i.e if you don't need to deliberately leave numbers empty because that door type first occurs on another floor and inside another nested module

How do others manage this more complex issue?