The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Any other not ARCHICAD related questions.

Moderators: Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, gkmethy

Add Asymmetric Sliding Doors?

Yes
100%
No
No votes
0%
There is already an option
No votes
0%
Other
No votes
0%
By Jordan S
An asymmetric sliding door setting or another door object needs to be added. There is an asymmetric double door object so why not a sliding door variant. I've managed to fudge it with a couple of windows and cover fills but it would be so much quicker to have an actual door!
Attachments
2D asymmetric sliding door.png
2D asymmetric sliding door.png (10.07 KiB) Viewed 1469 times
3D asymmetric sliding door .png
By Lingwisyer
They have basically made it so that the fixed portion of your sliding door perfectly fits your sliding leaf. I find this more annoying when it comes to pocket doors. I do not want the leaf to completely conceal within the pocket, it anything, it is not practical... "Oops, I can't close the door anymore because I got the leaf stuck in the pocket..."

Ling.
By Lingwisyer
For the time being, for asymmetric sliding doors like in your example, I've used a pocket door in front of windows. The main issue with this though is that pocket doors do not have the standard frame options, so I end up with an extra empty door frame. It works for creating a 2d and 3d representation but I'm not sure how you'd scheduled it and such... it wasn't needed for that job.

Ling.