The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Modeling (Wall, Door, Window, Roof, Stair...), Favorites...

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, gkmethy

What is your opinion about this Wish?

Essential
75%
Important
25%
Average
No votes
0%
Not Important
No votes
0%
Not Needed
No votes
0%
By rm
We are now on version 23 of ArchiCAD and still don't have tools to fully design a site. No, I am not referring to the Mesh Tool. Yes you can model terrain with it, but that is NOT a site design tool.

EVERY new building in the US, and dare I say everywhere else, has site design parameters and need to studied and designed in the BIM model, the earth is not flat! Meaning, we need to be able to design roads, sidewalks, curbs, driveway cuts, ADA ramps and the like in 3D that follow the site contours or go above or below them. How has Graphisoft gone so long without offering these tools to Architects?!?

I suspect there are some creative people here that can achieve these tasks, but not easily or fast.

Graphisoft - We need site design tools, are you ever going to develop them?!?!?
Hi!

Thank you so much for being active on ARCHICAD-Talk and for participating in the poll!

We have registered this request in our database!

Keep an eye out on the release notes of ARCHICAD Updates/Version Releases for Wish #12532
That is the Request ID relating to this topic.

Until then, I wish you all a great day, and once more, thank you for your active participation.

Kind regards,
Ghaleb
Ghaleb Khadra wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:53 pm
Thank you so much for being active on ARCHICAD-Talk and for participating in the poll!

We have registered this request in our database!

Keep an eye out on the release notes of ARCHICAD Updates/Version Releases for Wish #..........
That is the Request ID relating to this topic.

Thank you Ghaleb (and Graphisoft) for taking an interest in our wishes.
I see you have responded to quite a few just recently (you have a lot of old wishes to go through as well. :wink: ).

This is exactly what the users have always been wanting.

So to all users,
Please be sure to make your wishes as clear and concise as possible.
Don't forget to add a poll for voting.
And if you have further related wishes, please create a new separate wish (topic).

Also, just discussed at a user group meeting this morning, it is a good idea to send any wishes to your local Graphisoft technical support and note it as a request or wish.
They can then forward the idea on to HQ where they actually do keep track of how many requests there has been.
The more a request is logged through official channels, the more likely it is to get a response.
This doesn't mean it will get done, just that it will be evaluated to see if it is worth solving.

Thanks again Ghaleb, and let's hope this interest in the wishes continues.

Barry.