The Global Archicad Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Any other wishes not related to Archicad.

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, gkmethy

What is your opinion about this Wish?

Essential
43%
Important
14%
Average
14%
Not Important
14%
Not Needed
14%
By Zeelrich
Good day everyone,

would it be possible to implement a macro recording function, like the one found in MS Excel, to aid with repetitive tasks in Archicad?

Regards,

Zeelie
By mnguyen
Hi Zeelie,

Thank you for sharing your wish and creating the pool!

I'm happy to say that this is a known request in our WishList database (please refer to it as #4305). I hope that our Product Management will consider adopting it in the future!

Have a great day!

Best regards,
Minh
By runxel
Have you looked into the Python add-on? This would solve this to a certain degree, if not even be more powerful, I guess.
(Just saying, before we get something like a macro system all power should go into the Python stuff :))
By Zeelrich
runxel wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:00 pm
Have you looked into the Python add-on? This would solve this to a certain degree, if not even be more powerful, I guess.
(Just saying, before we get something like a macro system all power should go into the Python stuff :))
I agree, I was just not aware of the Python add-on up until recently and saw that it's also an experimental feature in AC24 which I'm very excited about.

Now I just need to learn how to write some scripts. :mrgreen:
By poco2013
FYI:

The present version of Python, in Archicad, is so limited as to make screen macros impossible right now. However there are several add-on modules available, notably pygame and keyboard and many others, which make keyboard and mouse capture/control available. The problem is that they all assume a certain fixed screen resolution which can be a problem if you resize your screen. There are many videos on YouTube which demo the procedure including other add-ons.

The add-ons work very well but take a lot of effort to set up. It would be more direct if Python was expanded to address elements directly but it looks like it will be some time before that happens, if ever.