The Global Archicad Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Discussion of non-graphical data: Properties, Property Expressions, Classifications, Interactive Schedules

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Gordana Radonic, nbalogh, mnguyen, gkmethy

I want to have the schedule of showing the length of the duct/pipe. I attempt to set the criteria to be "Layer" & “pipe", and choose the fields to be "Layer" and Length". It is strange that the schedule only display the pipe with length of 1000mm.

Any idea for showing the length of the MEP pipe/duct?
Attachments
01. MEP Pipe Schedule - Criteria.jpg
01. MEP Pipe Schedule - Criteria.jpg (89.03 KiB) Viewed 927 times
Last edited by Kent Xiao on Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kent Xiao wrote:I want to have the schedule of showing the length of the duct/pipe. I attempt to set the criteria to be "Layer" & “pipe", and choose the fields to be "Layer" and Length". It is strange that the schedule only display the pipe with length of 1000mm.

Attachments
02. MEP Pipe Schedule - Fields.jpg
02. MEP Pipe Schedule - Fields.jpg (88.79 KiB) Viewed 929 times
Last edited by Kent Xiao on Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kent Xiao wrote:
Kent Xiao wrote:I want to have the schedule of showing the length of the duct/pipe. I attempt to set the criteria to be "Layer" & “pipe", and choose the fields to be "Layer" and Length". It is strange that the schedule only display the pipe with length of 1000mm.

Attachments
03. MEP Pipe Schedule - Result.jpg
03. MEP Pipe Schedule - Result.jpg (118.63 KiB) Viewed 930 times
Kent:

If you open the Settings for one of the pipes, you will see that there is no Length or Width parameters, and that the Length is listed under the Parameters section. To get the length of pipes (and other MEP parts) you will need to use the Add Object Parameters button under Scheme Settings, then search for the pipe object and add its Length parameter to your schedule.

David
Attachments
MEP_Schd_pipe_length.gif
MEP_Schd_pipe_length.gif (9.54 KiB) Viewed 1038 times
Wow. Great Tips! Thank you a lot!

David Maudlin wrote:Kent:

If you open the Settings for one of the pipes, you will see that there is no Length or Width parameters, and that the Length is listed under the Parameters section. To get the length of pipes (and other MEP parts) you will need to use the Add Object Parameters button under Scheme Settings, then search for the pipe object and add its Length parameter to your schedule.

David
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Hi David,

I followed the instructions for the pipe schedule, but was not able to find that paramater for the length, I got that length(A) only. I am in the right field? or location?

Foti
AC22 windows10
Attachments
pipe.jpg
pipe.jpg (164.18 KiB) Viewed 520 times
example.jpg
example.jpg (79.4 KiB) Viewed 520 times
One thing
I now have one layer in the schedule and that works, when I add a second layer to the field all the data gets removed?
Can I not put multiple layers on one schedule? I have my hot water distribution on one layer and cold on another. Or do I need to make a new schedule for each layer?

Thanks