The Global Archicad Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Discussion of non-graphical data: Properties, Property Expressions, Classifications, Interactive Schedules

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Gordana Radonic, nbalogh, mnguyen, gkmethy

By Karol Lozinski
Hi! I made a schedule for doors and I have a text field with additional info to each door. Issue is simple - the text is a simple string in which I simply cannot break the lines. Simple enter obviously doesn't work. I also tried \n, \r, \n\, alt + 013, paragraph symbol, all of them - none works. Is there any method to do so?
By poco2013
You did not say what "text/comment/note" field you used -- so can't help there.

However, expressions will accept returns/line breaks in strings and it will show,as such, in schedules. Just link its classification to "doors" for all doors or make a new classification for a specific door.
By B Good
I too have the same problem with the wall schedule.
From the General section I have added a field (custom text) but cannot add line breaks.
I need to do this as I want to list one after another on separate lines each element that makes up the wall
I cannot find the option for "comment" or "note" when I press the "add fields" button
By jl_lt
Hi all. Same problem here. I added door and window info in the "model" space in IFC categories. The door and window schedule reads it, but presents it in one single line which is unusable. Any options for breaking text into many lines?
By jl_lt
Hi. I actually solved my issue. I just eliminated the field in the schedule, exited the edition window and then added it again. then in the actual schedule, on the edit text bar, i pressed "adjust text" and it worked like it always does.