Seems like an old topic, but maybe gather some interest:
- I have scripted a small object that picks up Zone Name, Zone Category, Zone Category ID, and Zone Number.
- That object is placed into all modules
- Modules get the master ID, so the nested object gets it too.
- You can schedule this object
- You can add a whole bunch of useful, schedulable properties to this object.
- If you re-script the Zone Stamp to push information into the Zone Number field, then you can grab that info too from the object. I mean things like Area can be pushed into the Zone Number...
cheeky, but works
- I also tried to schedule wether the module is Normal or Mirrored. It actually works by using a specific variable in the script, but unfortunately, you have to RUN PARAMETER SCRIPT IN ALL PLACED OBJECTS before you run the schedule to make sure the handing is picked up correctly.
The RUN PARAMETER SCRIPT IN ALL PLACED OBJECTS operation can take very long, so you don't do it too often...
- I use a similar object to identify Bathroom Types, Kitchen Types, Robe Types, etc. These are usually embedded modules placed first into Apartment Unit Type module.
The method works fine, but I really wish schedules could access modules a bit more naturally.
Or, at least I wish I did not have to RUN PARAMETER SCRIPT IN ALL PLACED OBJECTS all the time to make sure the schedules are OK.
The RUN PARAMETER SCRIPT IN ALL PLACED OBJECTS command is not even part of the standard ARCHICAD command list, you have to add it to your work environment manually...