The Global Archicad Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Discussion of non-graphical data: Properties, Property Expressions, Classifications, Interactive Schedules

Moderators: ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, gkmethy

By tjmillar
I'm trying to create a beam schedule which lists beam IDs, their profile name, length, and the number of exactly similar beams. The quantity field is however not behaving as I expect it to. It is showing duplicates and multiples for certain beams that exist only once. I eventually determined that it is counting the number of separate fill elements that make up the complex profile. For some beams, I could fix the issue by consolidating the fills in the profile editor, but for the timber beams I want to keep the different triangular fills so that the beam displays as an empty box with an X through it in section (a trick I learned in these forums - thank-you whoever first posted that!). If I consolidate the fills I lose that quality.
Any suggestions?
By LaszloNagy
A few comments:
1. Are you creating an Element Schedule or a Component Schedule?
2. Could you post screenshots of a Floor Plan/3D, the Scheme Settings dialog, and the resulting Schedule?
By tjmillar
Thanks for your response Laszlo,
Your question contained the answer: I didn't appreciate the difference between an element and a component schedule, but that difference is the key. Once I made an element schedule rather than a component schedule, "Quantity" started counting the individual beams, rather than the components that created the beams.
Thank you!