The Global Archicad Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Discussion of non-graphical data: Properties, Property Expressions, Classifications, Interactive Schedules

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Gordana Radonic, nbalogh, mnguyen, gkmethy

By atfonit
    I would like to create a new property group listing the name of occupants and the rooms they occupy.
      I have created the group named coordination --> inside this I will have the new property called occupants.

[*]HOW DO I ASSIGN A PERSON TO A ROOM? Please....
      Attachments
      occupants_prop manager.png
      occupants_prop manager.png (54.82 KiB) Viewed 242 times
      By atfonit
      Would also like to add a 2nd Property:

Air Conditioning to be added (IF room is a kitchen or a Bedroom)

Thanks ....

I know so much as this one is an IF formula but, I cant seem to add the logic for the rooms...so air con is added only to 2 rooms
      atfonit wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:52 pm
        I would like to create a new property group listing the name of occupants and the rooms they occupy.
          I have created the group named coordination --> inside this I will have the new property called occupants.

[*]HOW DO I ASSIGN A PERSON TO A ROOM? Please....

Set the Data Type of the Property to "Option set", define the Option Set values (e.g. the names of persons) and if you want to be able to assign more than one person to a room, then check the "Allow multiple choices" checkbox in the "Options Setup" Dialog.
          atfonit wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:38 pm Would also like to add a 2nd Property:

Air Conditioning to be added (IF room is a kitchen or a Bedroom)

Thanks ....

I know so much as this one is an IF formula but, I cant seem to add the logic for the rooms...so air con is added only to 2 rooms

Could you explain this in a bit more detail?
          Maybe a screenshot and a detailed explanation, like the value of X should be Aif this and this condition is met otherwise its value should be B.
          By atfonit
          To better explain :

I want to have Air conditioning in 3 rooms (3 zones). Bedroom / kitchen / Living room

So the property created is Air Conditioning (as part of the coordination group). Air Con is to be added IF in either of the above zones.
          Attachments
          air con_prop manager.png
          air con_prop manager.png (64.62 KiB) Viewed 224 times
          By atfonit
          Laszlo :

Regarding Occupants - the Option set list is set up - but how do i then assign a room to each person ?
          Attachments
          occupants_prop manager 2.png
          occupants_prop manager 2.png (92.42 KiB) Viewed 222 times
          Something like this?
          Code: Select all
          IF ( {Property:Zone/Zone Name} <> "Bedroom", IF ( {Property:Zone/Zone Name} <> "Kitchen", IF ( {Property:Zone/Zone Name} <> "Living Room", FALSE, TRUE ), TRUE ), TRUE )
          AirConditioningProperty.png
          AirConditioningProperty.png (113.06 KiB) Viewed 220 times
          By atfonit
          Here is the clarification for the Air Con.

? 3 rooms/ zones to have Air Con basically.
          Attachments
          air con_prop manager 2.png
          air con_prop manager 2.png (53.57 KiB) Viewed 213 times
          atfonit wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:40 pm Laszlo :

Regarding Occupants - the Option set list is set up - but how do i then assign a room to each person ?
          You cannot assign a Zone to a Property available for a Person because Person is not an element type in Archicad.
          You can only assign a Person to a Property available for a Zone element.
          By atfonit
          Juat pasted the code : ? i have a read error.
          Attachments
          air con_prop manager 3.png
          air con_prop manager 3.png (38.02 KiB) Viewed 199 times