The Global Archicad Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Discussion of non-graphical data: Properties, Property Expressions, Classifications, Interactive Schedules

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Gordana Radonic, nbalogh, mnguyen, gkmethy

Hi,

This is an edited post. I managed to go incognito at work and have been reading up on expressions and I'm close to where I want.

I can't seem to use a property as a Value in an IFS (IF Multiple) statement. Is this true?

Regards,
Mats
Attachments
2021-04-21_11-54-45.jpg
2021-04-21_11-54-45.jpg (129.16 KiB) Viewed 228 times
I tried this and it did not work for me either.
Then I realized that if "A" is a Property available for all Classifications, then A1, A2, and A3 also need to be available for all Classifications (since the value of A depends on all of them).
When I made this change, it worked for me.

(I hope this will work. However, in my example, I set A1, A2, and A3 to specific numeric values (1, 2, 3) so they were not Expression-defined properties as they are in your example.)

IFS-PropertyExpression.png
IFS-PropertyExpression.png (78.73 KiB) Viewed 224 times
It a word mix up. I'm after the value in the IFS...I want the IFS-value to read a property defined as an expression.

IFS (Logical1, Value1, [Logical2, Value2]...)

Great session you had about CW last friday Lazlo!
Mats_Knutsson wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:35 pm Great session you had about CW last Friday Laszlo!

Thanks. I hope people found it useful.

It a word mix-up. I'm after the value in the IFS...I want the IFS-value to read a property defined as an expression.

Could you explain this a bit more? I do not understand now what you are trying to achieve.
Can you show some screenshots that show the expressions you used to define A1, A2, and A3?
Also, are A1, A2, and A3 made available to the "Window" Classification?