The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Discussions about managing ARCHICAD in architectural practices (Project Setup, Templates, Attributes, Migration, Compatibility with Previous Versions, Preferences/Work Environment, User/Project/Application Administration/Management etc.)

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, gkmethy

Hello,

We all use classifications.
Some of us are use to keep archicad classification.
Finaly we all export ifc files.
I use Solibri Model Viewer on macOS.
With Solibri I can see my BIM model by Layer, by Containment, and by Component.
I wonder if it's possible to see my BIM model by class ?
I wonder where to find which classification was used for each ifc file into Solibri Model Viewer or other viewer ?
Last edited by Christophe Fortineau on Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
By mbl
Hi Christophe,

Someone more experienced in Solibri might correct me if I'm wrong, but the "Component" in Solibri is the best representation of your Archicad Classifications. So there are no "Archicad" Classifications that are exported directly to IFC.

Your "Classifications" from Archicad are translated into "IFC Types" through your selected IFC Translator. If you want to see/change how are they translated, you can open your IFC Translator, go to Type Mapping / Edit or Create New Preset / Map IFC Types for Export (that's for Archicad 22).

/Martin
By Christophe Fortineau
Hello mbl,

Thanks about your answer. I know but mapping is not easy to do for me (little french guy) cause all the mapping interface into AC is in english so they are two difficulties to solve.
By mbl
I understand, I have also experienced difficulties with "local" versions of different software and their language mutations.
So here are some screenshots, maybe they will help.
Attachments
IFC Translator.png
IFC Type Mapping.png
By Christophe Fortineau
Hello,

Thanks about your screen capture which makes me understand that I already use these functions.
When I talk about mapping I think rather to master this interface :
It seems to be more powerfull cause I understand some english tutorials but not enough to master it.
Not yet :D