The Global Archicad Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Discussions about managing Archicad in architectural practices (Project Setup, Templates, Attributes, Migration, Compatibility with Previous Versions, Preferences/Work Environment, User/Project/Application Administration/Management etc.)

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, gkmethy

By Barry Kelly
Essam wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:45 am
what is actually doing this option unchecked or checked ?

It probably doesn't make any difference with internally linked drawings (i.e. the drawing is from a view within the project).

But if you link to a drawing from an external source (i.e. from another project), then that file location must be available to you to be able to see that information.
If you check the box, a copy of the drawing will be saved in your local project, so even if the original source is no longer available, you will still see it.

At least I think that is what it does.

Barry.
By Karl Ottenstein
The poster is quoting a 10 year old post. Please, folks, unless you are using an X-year old version of ARCHICAD, don't quote or post to threads that are X-years old. :-) Start a new thread.

10 years ago, there was no multithreaded drawing generation (and so much more), so even local drawings were cached in the project file. This checkmark prevented that caching and forced drawing regeneration. Perhaps it does what Barry suggests now with external drawings. Don't know.