The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Discussions about managing ARCHICAD in architectural practices (Project Setup, Templates, Attributes, Migration, Compatibility with Previous Versions, Preferences/Work Environment, User/Project/Application Administration/Management etc.)

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, gkmethy

The only attribute that has any kind of limit (255) is the pens - because there are only 255 (+2) pens in any one pen set.
All the other attributes you can have as many as you want.
When you get past 1000 for the attribute number then sometimes you won't be able to see the whole number in some of the dialogue boxes - but generally this is not a problem if you are careful.
I have started using 1500 for my max attribute number for surfaces - but in fact I would be lucky to have 500 actual surfaces.
So this gives me a space of around 1000 new attributes that I can create in my template in the future - more than enough I think.

Barry.
Good to know.
an
It has to change. I remember that in AC 9 there was the limit for indexes.

How big is your templet file with 1000 attributes of each type?

By the way, since AC22 is already available. Some stuff will change a bit in management window. Makes attribute bit easier to manage. But all indexing problem is still there.
kzaremba wrote: How big is your templet file with 1000 attributes of each type?
I don't actually have 1000 of each attribute.
Just one attribute with an index number of 1000.
I have less than 500 actual surfaces, about 250 composites, 100 building materials, 75 layers, 30 complex profiles.
My template is about 15MB (not 15GB !) and that is mainly because I have a lot of layouts and publisher sets (it is easier to delete or ignore what is not needed).

Barry.
Barry Kelly wrote:My template is about 15GB

A 15 GB Template file? 15 gigabytes? Is that right? :shock: :shock: :shock:
I have 32 GB of RAM on my computer.
LaszloNagy wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:44 pm
Barry Kelly wrote:My template is about 15GB

A 15 GB Template file? 15 gigabytes? Is that right? :shock: :shock: :shock:
I have 32 GB of RAM on my computer.
Whoops, I meant MB. :oops:
Not sure what I was thinking when I wrote that - can't even blame a keyboard typo!

Barry.
kzaremba wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:04 am
I assume that 15 megs is withouts layouts and related stuff?
I have just over 100 layout pages - mainly A3 with some A2.
Some are blank but many have drawings already placed for the views.
Of course they are empty as there is no model.

30+ master layouts.

10 publisher sets.

50+ schedules.

500 surfaces

100 building materials.

80 layers.

I try to include all that I might need in my template, so I can just delete or ignore what I don't need.
I find this easier than trying to create new master, layouts, schedules, etc.
This is for residential construction, not commercial which I assume could be more involved.

Barry.