The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Sharing a project for a team, accessing projects remotely. Setup of BIMcloud/Users/Roles, Working/Messaging in Teamwork (Example: What are the firewall settings for the BIMcloud to make it accessible over the Internet?)

Moderators: Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, gkmethy, Marton Kiss, Istvan Moharos

Guys:

I have done the uninstall and reinstall enough times -- got my static IP today and thought the work simple enough to complete. Ha. I now need to revise the server address. Is that possible without another un and re??? I cannot seem to know how to find the location in the computer to fix it.
Is anyone able to post a solution to this?

I've been having the exact same problem. Reinstalled and activated 3-4 times and no v18 module.
All connections are OK. I can create a project folder in Archicad which appears in the BIM Manager, I can then delete this in the Manager and it no longer appears in Archicad.

The Share button is always grey and if I attempt to upload a BIM server library I get a message that there is no host server available.
Alright, we have the module! and I'm sure no one is going to believe this.

We reinstalled the BIMserver a dozen times and spoke with GS at length today and still had no v18 module until finally someone there was convinced that when setting the masteradmin account --- wait for it --- the password must not contain any special characters!

I tried to change the existing password but that didn't work. Uninstall everything and reinstall the BIMserver using a simple pw for masteradmin. Mine only had a + and that seemed to be too much. Just letters, upper and lowercase, and if you're still feeling adventurous throw in a number, just no fancy sh_t like underscores, periods or symbols. It appears you could change the pw afterwards, however it is important that during the installation you keep it simple.

I hope this works for you.