The Global Archicad Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Sharing a project for a team, accessing projects remotely. Setup of BIMcloud/Users/Roles, Working/Messaging in Teamwork (Example: What are the firewall settings for the BIMcloud to make it accessible over the Internet?)

Moderators: ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, Gordana Radonic, nbalogh, Marton Kiss, gkmethy, mnguyen, Istvan Moharos

We created a new BIM server and a few files was left behind from the old BIM server.
My IT crew was able to restore an automatic backup.archive file. I reached out to Graphisoft and they sent me documents on how to restore it. I followed the instruction but I'm getting a "salmon" color message saying Import Failed. Attached is the Instruction and I followed the instruction, can't seem to get past step 7.
Do you know what else I can do? I renamed the file name exactly as the instruction said and did it several times too. Nothing seems to work.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (142.8 KiB) Viewed 78 times
Capture1.JPG
Capture1.JPG (22.84 KiB) Viewed 78 times
Can you please detail from which version you have the archive and to which version you attempted to import it?

My idea at the moment is that your archives might be from an old BIM Server and this is why the new BIMcloud Basic cannot read it. Second idea is that it has a project version (e.g. Archicad 20) which is different from the currently locked version (e.g. Archicad 24).

Kind regards.
Noémi
I see. So the issue is that BIMcloud Basic does not support version 18 files at all, and also, if your current BIMcloud Basic is locked for version 24, it causes another trouble.

To be able to use your old project, you need to install BIM Server 18 (available with Archicad 18's installer) and restore the project there. You might need to update BIM Server, based on the minor version build of the project. When it is done, you need to join from the corresponding Archicad 18 version and save a PLA/PLN, what you can re-share from Archicad 24.

Kind regards,
Noémi