The Global Archicad Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Sharing a project for a team, accessing projects remotely. Setup of BIMcloud/Users/Roles, Working/Messaging in Teamwork (Example: What are the firewall settings for the BIMcloud to make it accessible over the Internet?)

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Gordana Radonic, nbalogh, mnguyen, gkmethy, Istvan Moharos, Marton Kiss

User avatar
By Steven Dumont
Whoa, I had to read that a couple times before I figured it out...

Thanks for the testing! Hopefully someone can figure out what's going on here.
User avatar
By kevin b
Since my last post we had User A "Receive Changes and Settings" (as suggested above) then tried to duplicate the problem, had User B change workspace, but now User A could S/R without issue.

Will keep you posted.
By Steve Gunnis
We've been having this problem for some time, Graphisoft are aware of it but don't seem to have a fix, it is definitely a bug with the software and is extremely annoying. It has absolutely nothing to do with different machines, versions, number of teammates or hotlinks. It does it with new plps almost straight away. We are all on the latest build of AC12 and on Intel Mac Pros.

The thinking is it's related to file permissions on a server, when the plp is written by one teammate the file is 'write-protected', so when the next teammate tries to S&R the plp cannot be overwritten and the 'Cannot find Teamwork file' or the 'I/O error' message comes up.

They really need to sort it out as it's affecting our productivity and it's driving me round the twist.
User avatar
By kevin b
We actually received a reply from Graphisoft which essentially said we haven't figured it out. From the tone of the email, if an email can have one, we got the impression they aren't working too hard on it as the entire teamwork team has been working on TW2.0 for AC13.
User avatar
By Karl Ottenstein
Even without TW, I ran into some permission issues in an office with mixed PPC/Intel Macs, mixed 10.4 and 10.5, and a network drive attached to a user workstation.

In that case, disabling permissions on the shared drive solved the problem. This of course exposes them to a accidental or malicious loss of data if someone (one of their kids even) plugs into their network and accesses that drive. So, it is not without some risk.

See attached screenshot. Do a Get Info on the shared drive and then check the box to "Ignore Ownership".

If the drive has lots of stuff on it, it might be safer to test this idea on a virgin partition with only your TW stuff. Use Disk Utility to add a partition to one of your drives, do the Ignore Ownership thing on the new partition, copy your TW files there, and then see if the problem is resolved.

Just a thought.

Picture 1.png
Picture 1.png (34.94 KiB) Viewed 827 times