The Global Archicad Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Sharing a project for a team, accessing projects remotely. Setup of BIMcloud/Users/Roles, Working/Messaging in Teamwork (Example: What are the firewall settings for the BIMcloud to make it accessible over the Internet?)

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, gkmethy, Istvan Moharos, Marton Kiss

By Aaron Bourgoin
Three years ago I attended a l 'live' demo of what is now called Tw 2 at the International Reseller Conference in Prague. Speed and Ubiquity were what they were after and now here it is.

I'm pointing this out because it sometimes seems as though some of us figure that the boys cook this stuff up in about 9 months and then roll it out.

If I were a GS programmer reading some of the comments posted here, I'd need a pretty thick skin. On the other hand if I were working on something as exciting as TW2, I'd have a lot of reasons to get out of bed every morning.

TW2 is well over 3 years in development and so I'd like to thank you for persisting and look forward to whatever else it is you're toiling away at now.

You guys Rock!
By owen
Yeah we got a bit of a briefing on it a few years back at my old office too - we were complaining loudly about Teamwork issues and encountered a 'perfect storm' scenario involving certain Apple network systems not playing nicely with ArchiCAD TW (basically rendering TW unusable). It was very reassuring to know that despite all the pointy discussions occuring here and in private that Graphisoft really is listening.

Outcomes like TW2 certainly makes you appreciate how strategic much of the ArchiCAD development actually is - even if the majority of the minor improvements seem a little ad hoc at times.

Despite what i might say about other things in AC13 I really do think TW2 is a killer feature the likes of which ArchiCAD and BIM/VB in general has not seen in a very long time. I have yet to try it out personally but it looks like it is a game changer.

A sincere well done Graphisoft
By Braza
amonle wrote:...ArchiCAD just got social
Cool! I like that... The perfect slogan! :D
By metanoia
If it works as well as GS are saying, then TW2 is revolutionary. At my office we have a connection that allows 0.5Mb/s uploads and 2Mb/s downloads -- running Revit on the VPN takes much longer (say 10-20x) to save to central. And that's a modest 60Mb project. Larger firms are using expensive WAN accelerators to get data across, so getting something that eliminates the need for that is very big indeed. It will allow joint ventures and flexible team building like nothing seen in architecture yet!