The Global Archicad Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Sharing a project for a team, accessing projects remotely. Setup of BIMcloud/Users/Roles, Working/Messaging in Teamwork (Example: What are the firewall settings for the BIMcloud to make it accessible over the Internet?)

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Gordana Radonic, nbalogh, mnguyen, gkmethy, Istvan Moharos, Marton Kiss

We are in the process of changing our server. We have BIMcloud basic. On the BIMcloud Basic Backup guide I read that the 2nd level – Full BIMcloud Basic Data backup is useful for "Duplication of BIMcloud on a different machine", but I couldn't find any instructions on this duplication process. Do I need to install the BIMcloud application on the new server? What port settings do I use? The same as on the old one, or new?

Any help appreciated
By nbalogh
Hi Achille,

Actually, this can be done, but not an easy and straightforward process, and it's quite easy to mess up things if you are not careful enough.

I suggest to contact your local support if you are about to do such thing, e.g. because of a hardware update, they should be able to help you.

Another thing I would consider is that how many projects and libraries are affected - if the number is less than 50, archiving things and re-sharing them is probably a better workflow - you can do it on your own, it's safe and mean time you can even archive.

Kind regards,
Noémi