The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Sustainable design; Energy Evaluation, EcoDesigner and EcoDesigner STAR

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, gkmethy

By JamesLEDA2
Hello,
My practice are developing our passive house expertise and as we do our modelling in ArchiCAD we were hoping to make the most of ArchiCADs capabilities in energy evaluation and PHPP export.
Has/does anyone have any guidance on this? best practice/workflow etc. would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
By Erwin Edel
The Energy Model Review palette allows you to export to PHPP (little pop up menu under the arrow bottom left).

There is also EcoDesigner Star which you can purchase for more features.

I have next to zero experience with either, but I am sure someone with more experience can give some tips.
By JamesLEDA2
Thanks Erwin,
Yeas I'm currently trying to decipher ArchiCADs naming for the areas in PHPP, it seems as though there is a fairly large amount of ambiguity between the naming/areas that are exported to PHPP and to understand what is what requires some back and forth!
It would be great if anyone could clarify any of this for me?
By DGSketcher
It would be good if GS took the lead on this. I am also interested in making this work particularly now the UK government seems to be pushing us even harder into low energy design, unfortunately my previous enquiries in this forum regarding energy analysis and PHPP have proved unfruitful.
By dkovacs
Hello,

I am not an expert in this field at all, but I asked around. First, let me bring you attention to the guides created for the energy evaluation features for further insight into them:
For this PHPP compatibility specifically, I got this input from my experts:
"ARCHICAD's Energy Evaluation and EcoDesigner STAR features are not certification or auditing tools for energy evaluation purposes. They are merely a design-aid tool for making energy-conscious design decisions.

With regards to PHPP, we are currently compatible with the PHPP v9 excel sheet. This is an extensive sheet made by PHPP used to certify passive houses which contains a lot of interrelated information. ARCHICAD can export and include some of the information needed for the PHPP certificate, but not everything.

Exporting to PHPP v9 is done directly within ARCHICAD's Energy Model Review palette, given that a proper BEM (Building Energy Model) is formed and a PHPP v9 (or older) excel template is available. When you wish to export to PHPP, a prompt asks to browse for the said PHPP excel sheet."

I hope this input helps a bit.

Regards,
By rod hughes
Does anyone know if ArchiCAD can successfully export to Design PH2 the latest Passivhaus calculation suite? Any guidance gratefully received .