The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Sustainable design; Energy Evaluation, EcoDesigner and EcoDesigner STAR

Moderators: ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, gkmethy

mnguyen wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:23 pm
stetuv wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:27 pm
Hi James, did you solve your issue? I'm also interested in the exportation workflow from Archidad to PHPP, If yes would you be so kind to share your experience?
Hi,

Thank you for your interest in the issue!

May I ask what can I help you with? We have some articles about Energy Evaluation workflow in our HelpCenter. You can always have a look here, or if you have any specific questions, feel free to let me know!

Have a nice weekend, and stay safe!

Best regards,
Minh
Hi,
thank you for the fast reply. I am starting to study how works the Energy Evaluation in Archicad and I am also interested in how the data can be exported to fill properly a PHPP file to make a Passivhaus simulation. At the moment I have not a specific question yet but as James has talked about some issues during the exportation, I was curious to know what happened. I have a feeling that it might depend on how the model has been created and the fact that "a classical BIM model" with 3D structure components might not work for a PHPP file. For example when you create the model using the DesingPH app (that works on Sketchup) its componentes are made of simple flat surfaces (with no thikness). Anyway, do you have a guide that explains how to create the model for PHPP exportation?

KR
stetuv wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:49 am

Hi,
thank you for the fast reply. I am starting to study how works the Energy Evaluation in Archicad and I am also interested in how the data can be exported to fill properly a PHPP file to make a Passivhaus simulation. At the moment I have not a specific question yet but as James has talked about some issues during the exportation, I was curious to know what happened. I have a feeling that it might depend on how the model has been created and the fact that "a classical BIM model" with 3D structure components might not work for a PHPP file. For example when you create the model using the DesingPH app (that works on Sketchup) its componentes are made of simple flat surfaces (with no thikness). Anyway, do you have a guide that explains how to create the model for PHPP exportation?

KR
Hi,

Let me first share with you our official guide on how to use Energy Evaluation feature and the EcoDesigner STAR manual, so that you can find out how the tool works:

Energy Evaluation Guide: https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/user- ... ter/85167/

EcoDesigner STAR Guide: https://www.graphisoft.com/ftp/marketin ... Manual.pdf

I would like to emphasize one important point about the Energy Evaluation feature: ARCHICAD's Energy Evaluation and EcoDesigner STAR features are not a certification or auditing tool for energy evaluation purposes. It is a design-aid tool, hence it is found under the Design bar menu.

With regard to PHPP, we are currently compatible with the PHPP v9 Excel sheet. ARCHICAD can export and implement some of the information needed for the PHPP certificate, but not everything (again, Energy Evaluation and EcoDesigner STAR features are just a design-aid tool to help architects in energy-conscious design).

Exporting to PHPP v9 is done directly within ARCHICAD's Energy Model Review palette, given that a proper BEM (Building Energy Model) is formed and a PHPP v9 or older Excel template is available. When you wish to export to PHPP, a prompt dialog asks to browse for the said PHPP excel sheet.

I hope this will help you with using the tool!

Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Minh