The Global Archicad Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Sustainable design; Energy Evaluation, EcoDesigner and EcoDesigner STAR

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Gordana Radonic, nbalogh, mnguyen, gkmethy

By mnguyen
andyro wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:37 pm Minh, there are no videos that I can see, as you suggest. I have had good results, after 22 successive model runs, and can attest that this is not a 'pushbutton' solution for BIM/BEM - it does requires some pretty deep BEM knowledge to understand what needs to be tweaked to give accurate results. That said, it would be EASY for GS to pre-program a few templates with standardized results for small and larger buildings to facilitate the workflow. I am working on this right now with our reseller for Canada - with a few simple tweaks I think we can use this for OBC/SB12 code compliance 'performance path' modelling and I have already received clarification from our provincial ministry that this will be accepted as the VIP modelling core provides hourly analysis. I will be posting a blog on this soon.
Hi Andy,

Thank you very much for your enthusiasm and generosity! I agree that we need a bit more guidance on this topic in order to fully master the tool, as it is quite tricky to adjust BEM properly. The videos I mentioned in the link are in the EcoDesigner STAR workflow section, but these are just some basic/starter videos. I will forward your question to the responsible people.

Thank you once again for your suggestion!

Have a great day!

Best regards,
Minh
By Braza
@andyro
Thank you very much for your insights on your recent post: ArchiCad, EcoDesigner and Passive House.
It seems a very complete, straight forward and valuable piece of information.
A very good help to those that are giving its first steps on Archicad 24 EcoDesigner.
Also good to know that GS has considerably improved its EcoDesigner performance on AC24.
Cheers,
By DGSketcher
Braza wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:40 am @andyro
Thank you very much for your insights on your recent post: ArchiCad, EcoDesigner and Passive House.
It seems a very complete, straight forward and valuable piece of information.
A very good help to those that are giving its first steps on Archicad 24 EcoDesigner.
Also good to know that GS has considerably improved its EcoDesigner performance on AC24.
Cheers,
+1 Watching with interest! Thank you for your contribution andyro.
By andyro
Right @Braza, @DGSketcher - you're welcome! I failed to circle back and post the link to the blog, thanks for noting it. Again: https://www.thomsonarchitecture.ca/2020 ... ive-house/

It works well, you just need to know what you are looking at, and defaults will be different in every country, so it is up to the user to check them and set them up correctly in a template file.