The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Everything related to BIMx and BIMx PRO: functionality, platforms, features, etc.

Moderators: Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, gkmethy

So....I truly appreciate the "look" of the new rendering quality in the BIMx Lab app. Let me start with that.
I hope GS takes it seriously and develops this app further. I've shown clients this app and they absolutely go bonkers about it and the flex it has to go right into your VR glasses is amazing.

Now, to the crux of the subject matter.
I've downloaded it into my Ipad Pro (latest version) and for whatever reason, when I touch the app to open it....it opens, then closes all of a sudden. Just seems to "try" to appear to want to open but then it closes right back up and you are back to the Ipad apps screen.

Just thought I'd let GS know.
I use BimX LAB with an iPad Pro too with IOS allways updated
I've never had any crash by opening the BimX LAB application
Even with a file containing over a thousand polygons

Weird fact
rob2218 wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:19 pm
I've downloaded it into my Ipad Pro (latest version) and for whatever reason, when I touch the app to open it....it opens, then closes all of a sudden. Just seems to "try" to appear to want to open but then it closes right back up and you are back to the Ipad apps screen. Just thought I'd let GS know.
Hi Rob,

Thank you for noting, although we cannot reproduce and fix it without your help.
Are you ready to send the related crash logs from your iOS device?

How to obtain iOS crash logs (for iOS 11 or later)
- Reproduce this crash 2-3 times on your iPad
- Navigate to your device Settings > Privacy > Analytics > Analytics Data.
- Scroll through this list to find BIMx Lab events. The list is alphabetical.
- Tap one of these events.
- Tap the share icon at the top right.
- Email it to bimxATgraphisoftDOTcom, please.

Thank you in advance!

Regards,
Gyuri
rob2218 wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:19 pm
when I touch the app to open it....it opens, then closes all of a sudden. Just seems to "try" to appear to want to open but then it closes right back up and you are back to the Ipad apps screen.
I'm having the same issue on my 12.9", 2nd Generation, iPad Pro.

I've found that, if I hold my finger on the project for about a 3 count, let go and THEN
tap to open, it works as expected.

Gyuri: I'll email the crash logs as you noted.