The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Everything related to BIMx and BIMx PRO: functionality, platforms, features, etc.

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, gkmethy

By Christophe Fortineau
Hello,

No it does not
BimX viewer was made on iOS and after on Android device to exploit the wealth of tablets and smartphones and thus offer an exhaustive apprehension of the model (as we on archicad but with an environment very easy to use and very fun).

Desktop Bimx viewer is a way to check your BimX before put it into your special device

For example you can find some difference too between smartphone and tablet by the VR option

BimX viewer use your device characteristics. A OSX or a Windows device seems to be less interesting about BimX possibilities. We have to wait to have 2D linked view on bimX for desktop.
By LaszloNagy
Do you guys know that there is now a BIMx Web Viewer integrated with the BIMx site.
Files uploaded to the BIMx site can be viewed using the BIMx Web Viewer, and it is both 2D and 3D, hyperlinked model.
By Christophe Fortineau
Of course but it is not yet an experience comparable to that of a tablet. Moreover the integration in a web page is not possible for all owners of an Archicad license. It is certainly a very good start, but there is still a lot of work to be done to allow all the satisfactory use of this web interface. Waiting for the best way to consult a BimX file is undoubtedly on a 13 inch iPad Pro.
By Barry Kelly
Tom Krowka wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:07 pm
does the web viewer work with desktop?
It has nothing to do with the desktop program.
All you need to do from any device or PC is access the BIMx model transfer site (link can be found above) via a web browser, and then you (or anyone) will have the option to view the model there without having to download any apps or programs.
It will take a little while to open the model though.

Barry.
By Eli Chiasson
Tom Krowka wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:07 pm
does the web viewer work with desktop?
It does. This is how I use BIMx when I don't have my iOS device with me.