The Global Archicad Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Topics related to the Grasshopper-Archicad Connection and the various tasks that can be achieved with it.

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, gkmethy

By dkovacs
Hello All,

Based on what you say, it seems like the Grasshopper side is perfectly fine, and the problem is with the ARCHICAD side of the Add-on. I would suspect that you might have multiple ARCHICAD versions installed and when the installer ran, it placed the add-on in one version of ARCHICAD, but you are running a different version. Please check the Add-on folder of the ARCHICAD you are running (.../GRAPHISOFT/ARCHICAD 22/Add-Ons/), and see if you have the "Grasshopper-ARCHICAD Live Connection" Add-on in this folder. If not, then the Add-on is installed somewhere else, and you cannot see it in ARCHICAD, because it is not actually there. In this case just find where this ARCHICAD Add-on is, and copy-paste it here.

Let me know if this helped.

Regards,
By Clara.P
Hello,

I'm facing the same problem...
Have someone found a solution?

I'm using the latest version of Archicad 23 and Rhino 6.24. I'm under Windows 7.
Nothing appear in Archicad, but I have all the component in Grasshopper.

Thanks in advance
Clara
By LaszloNagy
If you go to the ARCHICAD installation folder and then go to the Add-Ons folder, you should have a "Grasshopper-ARCHICAD Live Connection" folder in it. The "GrassHopperConnection.apx" file in this folder is the ARCHICAD side of the ARCHICAD-Grasshopper Connection.

Also, if you see these files, then you could check the Add-On Manager Dialog ("View > Add-On Manager" menu command) and see if the "Grasshopper-ARCHICAD Live Connection 2.3" item is there and its checkbox is checked.