The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Topics related to the Grasshopper-ARCHICAD Connection and the various tasks that can be achieved with it.

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, gkmethy

Hi guys,

I have a big problem with using the Life Connection. When trying to establish the connection i get the following message in Archicad "Grasshopper not running" when in fact it is.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (14.27 KiB) Viewed 1055 times
I am currently using Archicad 22 Built 6001 INT FULL and Rhino 5 SR 14. The Grasshopper built is 0.9.0076.
Hi,

This can be because of a lot of things. The first thing you should do, is check in Grasshopper, whether you can see the ARCHICAD tab with the ARCHICAD components. If you see it, that means that both sides of the connection tool are installed, but they cannot see each other. If you can't see it, that means that the Add-on has been properly installed for ARCHICAD, but not for Grasshopper. In this case you will need to uninstall the connection tool, and reinstall it again. Make sure that you are using the same user account to do the installation, because while the ARCHICAD Add-on is installed for ARCHICAD with every user, the Grasshopper Add-ons are only installed fro the current user (so if your Administrator installed it, it will not work).

If that was fine, you can see the ARCHICAD tab and ARCHICAD also shows, then make sure you place at least one component in Grasshopper. AC will only see that GH is running if there is an open project in it (which means at least one component is placed).

If that is not the case then there is probably a connection issue between AC and GH. This can be caused by any 3rd party application, so make sure you close every other application (even the anti-virus), before making the connection.

The connection can also get disturbed, if the Add-on has different versions in AC and GH. To make sure that is not the case, after you installed the Add-on, please also run the ARCHICAD 6001 update, so that it can update everything.

Let me know if this was helpful.

Regards,