The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Topics related to the Grasshopper-ARCHICAD Connection and the various tasks that can be achieved with it.

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, gkmethy

By Frank Gergaud
Hi all,

I have been informed about Rhino.Inside and apparently you can directly use Rhino inside Revit and other products. I was wondering if such tool will be available inside ArchiCAD too?

Best regards,

Frank
By leceta
Apparently, this is in principle restricted to software developed under .Net framework (Archicad is not).

This was the official version. But last weeks, they have implemented rhinoinside under Unreal, wich isn't developed under .Net framework. So there is some hope to see RhinoInside with archicad, but I wouldnt be too enthuasiatic about this.

By the other hand, McNeel is developing other API's that integrate some Rhinocommon functionalities for CPython (also available for Javascript), but is quite limited. But... They also have RhinoCompute, which is a service accessible via Rest API that offer a more complete set of Rhinocommon goodies. which happens to be accesible via CPython...

Let's wait Python for archicad be released and then lets try all this McNeel technology!

EDIT: I just realized that python addon is already available! https://archicadapi.graphisoft.com/expe ... archicad23
Last edited by leceta on Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:11 am, edited 2 times in total.