The Global Archicad Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Topics related to the Grasshopper-Archicad Connection and the various tasks that can be achieved with it.

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Gordana Radonic, nbalogh, mnguyen, gkmethy

By LaszloNagy
OK, thanks for the image.
By Petar.Pejic
I certainly hope that is not the case, since current connection lacks soooo many functionality. For example, one can not access parameters of the object nor change them, only design new elements. We need tools which would speed up "information" part of the bim workflow.
By runxel
Petar.Pejic wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:01 am I certainly hope that is not the case, since current connection lacks soooo many functionality. For example, one can not access parameters of the object nor change them, only design new elements. We need tools which would speed up "information" part of the bim workflow.
I think they already work on making the connection truly bi-directional. Just seems to be a bigger task.
By LaszloNagy
runxel wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:34 pm I think they already work on making the connection truly bi-directional. Just seems to be a bigger task.

Could you share the source of that information with us? I would be interested to know, I myself have not heard of anything like this but would be happy to hear that such plans exist.
By runxel
LaszloNagy wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:42 pm Could you share the source of that information with us? I would be interested to know, I myself have not heard of anything like this but would be happy to hear that such plans exist.
Well, to be honest this is just what I expected. :oops:
It would harm this ecosystem, if they wouldn't work on that...
By Petar.Pejic
I agree. It is strange that graphisoft has declared a collaboration with mcneel years ago, and that connection is still rough and lacks in basic functionality, while revit decided to go with own visual programming solution (dynamo). All of the sudden, rhino and grasshopper are supported inside revit via rhino.inside while archicad is stuck with its previous solution. Maybe the right way to go was to enable rhino inside archicad as well, instead of developing new software connection. Rhino.inside looks like a way more elegant solution to me (I am not software engineer, so I do not know the background code necessary to run it).
It would be really nice if we could get some response from graphisoft what is the plan regarding rhino and grasshopper integration.
By leceta
graphisoft has declared a collaboration with McNeel
I always had thought that this was a unilateral declaration, never heard anything of the kind from the other part. After McNeel made rhino.inside public in late 2018, it was evident to me that this has been commercial propaganda, a fiction. That all development effort has been done exclusively from the Graphisoft part. Otherwise, what was concretely the part of McNeel on this "collaboration"? technical assistance? The same/similar technical assistance that I can have as McNeel customer??