The Global Archicad Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Topics specific to the scripting and development of Library Parts and Libraries using Param-O or the Geometric Description Language – GDL. (Example: How do you use “REQUEST” GDL commands?)

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, gkmethy, rmasaki, Akos Somorjai, Csilla Mai, Peter Baksa

By DGSketcher
Does anyone know how to extract the Linetype name of a 2D line with REQUEST or otherwise for a Label? I seem to be able to drill down into most elements to get Linetype information, but there doesn't seem to be a direct connection to 2D linetypes. This may be further frustrated that labels will not associate with lines.
By runxel
In general it's
Code: Select all
n = REQUEST ("Name_of_line_type", index, name)
But I think you can't query the used lines from the labeled element.
By DGSketcher
Thanks, I found that but I can't see a query option that would work with drawn 2D lines. I am trying to develop a suggestion by Peter Baksa that we can use the Linetype name to display associated values in a label. On plan you can use the Morph line but you can't use Morphs in a Detail window, which is where I need to place the label.
By Peter Baksa
DGSketcher wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:05 pm
Thanks, I found that but I can't see a query option that would work with drawn 2D lines. I am trying to develop a suggestion by Peter Baksa that we can use the Linetype name to display associated values in a label. On plan you can use the Morph line but you can't use Morphs in a Detail window, which is where I need to place the label.
It was a bad idea, I didn't think about lines can't be labelled associatively.
By DGSketcher
Thanks for clarifying Peter. There is another one for the wish list.... :)