The Global Archicad Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Topics specific to the scripting and development of Library Parts and Libraries using Param-O or the Geometric Description Language – GDL. (Example: How do you use “REQUEST” GDL commands?)

Moderators: ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, Gordana Radonic, nbalogh, gkmethy, mnguyen, rmasaki, Akos Somorjai, Peter Baksa, Csilla Mai

By SenecaDesignLLC
So after much deliberation ive decided to just put everything out there for everyone.
It might take me a couple weeks but Im going to be updating this post with links to all of my objects.
all unlocked so everyone can grow and maybe we can all come together with a library that should be a standard or at least some of the pieces lol.

Important! all my code is probably broken somewhere. there is always some duplicate lines as ive never actually finished any of these and i am constantly experimenting with different methods for different objects.

SinceV6 is my inspiration!

stairs and railing
https://bit.ly/3yKvn7q

Coverings and wall framing
https://bit.ly/3vnltGF

these are my new doors that are in super early development, they do however have a ton of opening options. so i figure i would post them so people can copy paste to get the transitions they want for the door types.

door frames
https://bit.ly/3yJfga1

doors
https://bit.ly/3bZ8aEw

Framing/joist/beam/overbuild Object
https://bit.ly/3yJy3SL
Last edited by SenecaDesignLLC on Fri May 28, 2021 8:06 pm, edited 5 times in total.
By Braza
Thanks in advance SenecaDesignLLC. :D
I recall someone here talking that it would be nice to have some sort of "Open Source Section" here on the forum.
Perhaps your contribution could be a good starting point. :?:
Cheers,
By sinceV6
SenecaDesignLLC wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 4:27 pm So after much deliberation ive decided to just put everything out there for everyone.
It might take me a couple weeks but Im going to be updating this post with links to all of my objects.
all unlocked so everyone can grow and maybe we can all come together with a library that should be a standard or at least some of the pieces lol.

Important! all my code is probably broken somewhere. there is always some duplicate lines as ive never actually finished any of these and i am constantly experimenting with different methods for different objects.

First will be the coverings, I will try to get the link up tonight or tomorrow!

Well now... I'm flattered. Thanks. :D
Don't know why, but thanks.

Inspiration is all around in this forum. I think it is an amazing community.

I've been thinking the same about a few of my custom objects, more recently in covid times; but don't really know if I'm allowed to share them.

Best regards.
By LaszloNagy
sinceV6 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:08 pmI've been thinking the same about a few of my custom objects, more recently in covid times; but don't really know if I'm allowed to share them.

Best regards.
Why would you not be allowed to share them? Is it about forum rules or GS rules or some 3rd party?
By sinceV6
LaszloNagy wrote: Why would you not be allowed to share them? Is it about forum rules or GS rules or some 3rd party?
3rd party. Because of being developed in company time and/or with company resources, but not entirely... also in free/spare time and by own initiative and not by commissioning, for more efficient workflows. So I'm not really sure.

Best regards.
By SenecaDesignLLC
Code is coming i promise,
But i also am in the process of a stream of coding. basically im going to code things live. and ill fail terribly on some stuff but then everyone can see how easy it is to code gdl.

thoughts?

Ill post the streams once i set them up. might be another week on that once i post the code for my objects.

question 2, yes i didnt label 1. but should i post the objects them selves or whats the best way to give access with interpretation?

I have a ton to show and its all for everyone. 12 minds are better than one if they follow a similar program right?

my max free downloads of my objects is 81. world wide.
i want that to be in the thousands. lets opra (Not sure if i can even reference something like that, please remove if its not allowed) this S*** and give everyone everything so that we only pay for the program its self. collective knowledge. yes the point of the forumn, but lets all actually dive in.

I bet i can hold my breath the longest lol

my life is the story problem, and so is yours. so lets solve some simpler issues and let everyone have fun!
By SenecaDesignLLC
sinceV6 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:08 pm
SenecaDesignLLC wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 4:27 pm So after much deliberation ive decided to just put everything out there for everyone.

First will be the coverings, I will try to get the link up tonight or tomorrow!

Well now... I'm flattered. Thanks. :D
Don't know why, but thanks.

Inspiration is all around in this forum. I think it is an amazing community.

I've been thinking the same about a few of my custom objects, more recently in covid times; but don't really know if I'm allowed to share them.

Best regards.
dude you will still find copied pieces of your code all over mine. i like to remember my roots. now more than ever. and you, you are the one who opened my eyes. intentional or not. so thank you so very very much. im only sinceV15 so i have a long way to go.