The Global Archicad Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Topics specific to the scripting and development of Library Parts and Libraries using Param-O or the Geometric Description Language – GDL. (Example: How do you use “REQUEST” GDL commands?)

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Gordana Radonic, nbalogh, mnguyen, gkmethy, rmasaki, Akos Somorjai, Csilla Mai, Peter Baksa

By Manuel
Hi,
I hope this post is in the right place;).
1. Can I define the subtype in param-O or only in the gdl-editor?
2. Is there a command to implement some GDL-Scripts in param-O like python in Grasshopper?

Thanks;)
By LaszloNagy
Manuel wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:37 pm Hi,
I hope this post is in the right place;).
1. Can I define the subtype in param-O or only in the gdl-editor?

As far as I can see, all GDL Objects created by Param-O will have the "Model Object" Subtype, You will have to open the generated Object for editing and change the Subtype there.

2. Is there a command to implement some GDL-Scripts in param-O like Python in Grasshopper?

Thanks. ;)

You can use the "GDL Shape" Component in the "Extras" group. Place it, then double-click the "Transformation" Input. In the dialog that opens, you will see the "Script" field. This is where you can enter any GDL 3D script just like you would enter it in the 3D Script Window in the GDL Editor. You can refer to the A, B, C, D input with the $a, $b, $c, $d texts in the script.

Param-O-GDL-Shape.png
Param-O-GDL-Shape.png (27.23 KiB) Viewed 258 times
By Manuel
Great, thank you.
So I can script in param-O, you've written only 3D-commands? So it's not possible to use a call-command and call a macro or another param-O script?
Thank you very much;).
By LaszloNagy
I don't know the answers to those questions, sorry.
You will have to try them yourself.