The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Installation and download/setup issues; upgrading, operating system compatibility; getting started/training guides/tutorials. (Example: I cannot launch ARCHICAD, please help!)

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, gkmethy

Hi Gary,

It's good to know that at least ARCHICAD worked well before. If this is the situation, is there any changes to your computer that happens lately? Like a Windows update, driver update, or hardware changes?

Best regards,
Minh
mnguyen wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:34 pm
toofuerte wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:09 pm
I have an issue when I have opened 5 instances of Archicad. If i start a new instance and select browse or teamwork button it hangs i have to end task on the task manager to get out.

Also my start screen doesn't update the projects showing are the same ones from a few weeks ago, I have opened up new projects but they are not showing on the recent projects. I have windows 10 so that is not an issue and it is up to date.
Hi Gary,

Thank you for your question!

5 ARCHICAD instances can be taxing for your system. As Ling suggested, could you have a look at Task Manager and see how much RAM does your computer have left at that point?

The recent project not showing up in startup dialog is a known issue to us. This problem should be fixed in the second update of ARCHICAD 23. It was caused by the file ACRecentList.lck file from %USERPROFILE%\GRAPHISOFT folder. Delete this one should make the newly opened project available again in the startup dialog.

Let me know if you have any further issues! Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Minh
Hi Minh

Our users are also reporting this problem but I cannot find the acrecentlist file.
benjamin_chan wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:25 am

Hi Minh

Our users are also reporting this problem but I cannot find the acrecentlist file.
Hi Benjamin,

Which OS are you using? If you are using macOS, the file ACRecentList.lck is located in Preferences/GRAPHISOFT folder. I hope this will help you with the issue!

Best regards,
Minh
Hi Benjamin,

In this case, could you please send FastLogger Files of the Starter dialog for further investigation? They are located in %USERPROFILE%\GRAPHISOFT\Starter folder. Make sure that you start ARCHICAD once to replicate the issue, then close it before copying the FastLoggers here.

Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Minh