The Global Archicad Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Installation and download/setup issues; upgrading, operating system compatibility; getting started/training guides/tutorials. (Example: I cannot launch Archicad, please help!)

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Gordana Radonic, nbalogh, mnguyen, gkmethy

By Looper
Gus wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:16 pm Go to the "wishes" part of this forum and post this as a "wish." I too believe this would be an amazing addition to the program. I've thought this for many years. One thing I have noticed is that if I have several tabs/views open such as 3D, Section, and plan, one of those often bugs out then crashes. I'm guessing that this overloads the graphics processor or something? If anyone knows how I can keep ArchiCAD from bugging out (psychedelic colors and lines everywhere in one of the windows) when three or more are visible at once. I would love to hear how that can be fixed. I'm running 3 monitors with a pretty beefy graphics card: Quadro K2000m
Sorry, but has that wish been posted somewhere? Can't find anything to support it. It's essential for me. Getting angry every day about this missing feature.
By Barry Kelly
Looper wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:40 am Sorry, but has that wish been posted somewhere? Can't find anything to support it. It's essential for me. Getting angry every day about this missing feature.
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=59862&p=295114&hil ... or#p295114

This one maybe?

Barry.
By Johann.P
Hi,
I've been using archicad for about 2 weeks and this is my first post here. I'm confident it will not be the last.... :lol:

I've been working on revit since about 2005 though.

I cant seem to figure out how to view multiple windows.
I'm on Archicad 24 and windows machine.

1) I don't have a minimize button on the individual view tabs, only a close button.
2) When I click the "show windows overview" tab the open windows all temporarily open, but if I click on one, all others close.

Any help will be appreciated.
By Jp1138
Johann.P wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:27 pm ...

1) I don't have a minimize button on the individual view tabs, only a close button.

Maybe you are missing the button because it´s somewhat out the the way

Attachments
Captura de pantalla 2020-11-26 182657.png
Captura de pantalla 2020-11-26 182657.png (30.11 KiB) Viewed 220 times
By Barry Kelly
Johann.P wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:27 pm 1) I don't have a minimize button on the individual view tabs, only a close button.

It is not in the TAB bar, but is at the top right of the screen.
The larger buttons at the very top are for the Archicad program window itself.
The slightly smaller ones underneath are for the currently open window.
As shown in the image by Jp1138.

When you minimise/reduce a window, the control will now be at the top right corner of that window.

Barry.
By Johann.P
Thanks. It works.

As a follow up quesionts:

1) Is there an "auto-tile-window" function? It seem that the windows require manual sizing each?

2) There seems to be talk of dragging a window onto a second screen in Mac.
I am on a PC, search the forum and the general interwebs, but cant seem to find a similar function.
By LaszloNagy
Unfortunately, there is no auto-tiling function in Archicad. You can unmaximize Tabs as the other guys said and then manually resize them to their desired size.

On Windows, Tabs are constrained to within the Archicad application window. So you would have to resize your Archicad Window to extend two screens. This has been a wish from the community for some time.

A couple of things you may want to know:
- There is only a single Floor Plan Viewpoint and a single 3D Viewpoint, so at any time only one Floor Plan Tab and one 3D Tab can be open.
- The contents of Tabs are redrawn only when you click on them (so they become the active Tab). So you may have the Floor Plan and the 3D next to each other, you make a change in the Floor Plan, but the 3D will update only when you click it. These are some of the "idiosyncrasies" of Archicad. :)
By vfrontiers
Would be great if the DEFAULT was NOT MAX windows for library editing...

I do appreciate that if you keep editing in one ArchiCAD session, it will open up "like" windows to match...

But it's not fun having to do it for EVERY window to start
a. Object Main screen / unmaximize
b. 2d script / un maximize
c. 3d scrip / unmaximize
d. etc., etc.
By LaszloNagy
Duane, you are free to make a wish. :)
That way we could vote and submit it to Graphisoft for consideration.