The Global Archicad Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Installation and download/setup issues; upgrading, operating system compatibility; getting started/training guides/tutorials. (Example: I cannot launch Archicad, please help!)

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Gordana Radonic, nbalogh, mnguyen, gkmethy

By renee.kovacs
I have a curious problem with launching AC22.
Sometimes I work for days without any problem and the other day it doesn't start. The small launch window appears and then it disappears and nothing happens. It is stuck in the task manager. I have to force stop the program. The problem is sometimes solved with relaunching the whole computer but sometimes not. I have reinstalled the AC and all updates but the problem isn't solved. I spend hours with relaunching the computer. It is annoying when I have deadlines. :evil: What can I do?
OS Windows 10 Pro
16 GB RAM
By mnguyen
Dear Renee,

Thank you very much for the report and I am very sorry about the issue!

If Archicad stucks at startup, there are 2 possibilities: either the Intel GPU driver is not updated, or Archicad is having trouble with connecting to the license server.

Is it possible to run Archicad in DEMO mode and see if it makes the startup process faster? Also, please make sure that your drivers, especially the Intel GPU driver are up to date.

Please let me know how it goes!

Best regards,
Minh
By renee.kovacs
When I try to launch the program, in Task Manager appear 3 lines of Archicad.
Then the startup window disappears and Archicad remains in Task Manager,
Attachments
AC22-1.JPG
AC22-1.JPG (51.19 KiB) Viewed 110 times
AC22-2.JPG
AC22-2.JPG (19.37 KiB) Viewed 110 times
By Barry Kelly
renee.kovacs wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:07 pm When I try to launch the program, in Task Manager appear 3 lines of Archicad.
Then the startup window disappears and Archicad remains in Task Manager,
What are your machine specs and operating system?
Are you running on multiple monitors or a laptop with a connected monitor?

Do you have both a built-in and dedicated graphics card?
Update the Intel GPU driver as suggested earlier.
Or if you have built-in and dedicated graphics cards, set the Archicad program to use the dedicated card.
Or it could be your monitor is connected to the built-in GPU.
Make sure it is connected to the dedicated GPU.
By mnguyen
Hello Renee,

Thank you very much for following up!

I would suggest following Barry's advice. Please let us know whether it helps!

Additionally, I would like to know whether Archicad can start without any problem in DEMO mode?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Minh