The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Everything about GDL - Doors/Windows/Objects/Stairs etc. (Example: I created an object that prints an error message in 3D all the time, please help!)

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, gkmethy, Gergely Feher

By Karina Kohutek
Hello everyone!
It's my first post here so I'm sorry if it's in the wrong sub.
I'm having a problem with a file that my 3D model and sections are very slow and I really need some help.
From my Report we have many problems with some stairs, that reads the following (in portuguese):
Arestas insuficientes na geratriz.
na linha 407 no 3D script do arquivo basicStairTread_m.gsm. (Piso Esc. - 322)
Valor Y negativo na polyline.
na linha 407 no 3D script do arquivo basicStairTread_m.gsm. (Piso Esc. - 322)
O item de biblioteca não foi convertido corretamente (Piso Esc. - 322)

"Translating" it says something like this:

Insufficient edges in the generatrix.
 on line 407 in the 3D script of the basicStairTread_m.gsm file. (Floor Stair. - 322)
Y negative value in polyline.
 on line 407 in the 3D script of the basicStairTread_m.gsm file. (Floor Stair. - 322)
The library item was not converted correctly (Floor Stair - 322)

And it goes on an on, probably repeating every single stair we have in the building that's in and out of modules.

I was wondering if anyone had the same problem and how you managed to fix it.
We found the GDL basicStairTread_m.gsm library, and the line 407 Y item has something to do with an ON/OFF action, or something that gives positive or negative value results. I'm sorry if I can't be more technical and specific about it but I'm not fluent in GDL :shock:

If needed I can provide screen shots.
Ps.: Archicad 22 file.

Thank you!!
By Lingwisyer
Are you using the Built-in Tread for any of your stairs? And your riser thickness, if turned on, is not zero? Looking at the script, line 407 has to do with cutting the trailing edge of a tread to match the slope of a sloping riser.

Ling.
By Karina Kohutek
Hi, Lingwisyer. Thank you for your atention and sorry for the late reply. I didn't turn on my notifications and I thought I would receive e-mails when someone answered.

About the type of tread I'm using Tread 22 on all of my stairs, not Built-In Tread.

And about thickness, I'm not using Finish in most of my stair. Only 2 have Finish on the tread and riser, which is set like this:

I've changed both settings from 0,0001 to 0,02 and my Report keeps showing the same error.
By Lingwisyer
Assuming that your working units are in meters, your sizes seem fine so that does not seem to be the problem here...