The Global Archicad Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Everything about using Libraries and Library Parts - Doors/Windows/Objects/Stairs etc. (Example: How can I display a Transom above my Door?)

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, gkmethy, Gergely Feher

By Dalius
Hi guys!
Has anyone tried to create a knob for the kitchen cabinet? No matter what size it was modeled, after choosing Custom, your knob becomes 10 cm wide. As you can see in the attached example, the knobs were either flattened or stretched.

Is this a bug that appears in all versions of ARCHICAD (I tried it with AC 20, 21, 22, 23) and does not bother anyone?!
Attachments
Custom-Knob.jpg
By Lingwisyer
Settings => All Parameters => Knob => Custom Knob Length

Why these settings do not become available within the Knob settings is one of the many questions to ask GS...

Ling.
By Dalius
Lingwisyer,
Many thanks for your prompt response! I tried it and it really works, great!
Of course, it is tiring each time to specify the length, height, and depth of your knob. That should be done automatically. But as you say, it is one of the many questions to ask GS :lol:
Attachments
Custom-Knob-2.jpg
By Barry Kelly
I guess it is like when you create a custom door panel for a door frame.
The door will always stretch to suit the size of the frame - no matter what size you created the panel.

Same with the knob.
No matter what size you create it, it will always be stretched to suit the knob size specified in the cabinet object.

Barry.
By Dalius
Barry,
In this case, as Lingwisyer rightly noticed, these settings (length, height, depth) should be available in the Knob settings. They are now "hidden" in the All Parameters section.
On the other hand, there is no unified logic here. If you save your model as a Handle instead of a Knob and insert it into the Door, it will automatically be the correct size (without the ability to edit).
Attachments
Custom-Knob-3.jpg