The Global Archicad Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Everything about using Libraries and Library Parts - Doors/Windows/Objects/Stairs etc. (Example: How can I display a Transom above my Door?)

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Gordana Radonic, nbalogh, mnguyen, gkmethy, Gergely Feher

By POLAR BEAR
Hello Experts,
Maybe easy question:
I am not able to save certain library items onto favorite: such as some doors and some windows.
What i am doing wrong???

Thanks a lot!

Kind Regards
Martin
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-04-16 at 13.54.17.png
Screen Shot 2021-04-16 at 13.54.17.png (147.48 KiB) Viewed 226 times
By Barry Kelly
That door is taking part in some sort of connection (Solid Element Operation?) - you can see the grip icon in your image.
Maybe that is why it can't save as a favourite?

Barry.
By mnguyen
Dear Martin,

Thank you very much for the report!

I looked in our database, and there was a similar case with saving a door as a Favorite. We found out that the door used a marker that was not found in the loaded libraries, thus Archicad failed to save the door as favorite. I'm wondering if that's the case here?

If not, I would like to ask for the file for further checking. Please let me know if you need a secure place to upload the file also!

Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Minh
By POLAR BEAR
Hello,

Thanks for the reply,
Yes a secure place would be good. The same happens with one of the window.

Thanks a lot.

Kind Regards
Martin
By mnguyen
Dear Martin,

Thank you very much! I sent you a link in Private Message where you can upload the file directly to us for further investigation.

Please let me know when it is ready!

Best regards,
Minh