The Global Archicad Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Everything about using Libraries and Library Parts - Doors/Windows/Objects/Stairs etc. (Example: How can I display a Transom above my Door?)

Moderators: ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, Gordana Radonic, nbalogh, gkmethy, mnguyen, Gergely Feher

You can think of it as a disclaimer or as a caution for paper scaling.
Attachments
AC Layout Scale Bar.png
AC Layout Scale Bar.png (36.7 KiB) Viewed 194 times
When you think about it, scale bars themselves only really help when someone does not have a ruler and / or cannot do basic math, unless for some reason you have some weird scale...
Hi

I'm using a 'bodge' which feels like its a piece of simple code or automation away from working.

I've got a 100mm scale bar on layouts, which means its length is whatever scale minus zero - ie 1:50 would mean its 5m long. Its divided up to passively work for a number of scales.

The (moderate) pain is that for the set of drawings I just run through a drawing index typing in a scale bar layout property autotexted onto the layout (by looking at s collected scales field).

I couldn't find a way for expressions to work for layout properties, or it would be automated (eg lose, '1:' lose a zero add 'm' add @ [scale]).

Also the expression would have to be able to collect and act on the different scales on a layout.

Is there any way to automate it ?

Cheers