The Global Archicad Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Everything about using Libraries and Library Parts - Doors/Windows/Objects/Stairs etc. (Example: How can I display a Transom above my Door?)

Moderators: ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, gkmethy, Gergely Feher

By ashley
I download some GDL file for my ArchiCAD library, but I don't know how to make it work. I can open the file in the ArchiCAD, but I cannot use it as part of library. How could I make it work as part of my ArchiCAD library?
By Petros Ioannou
Place your GDL objects in one folder (or in a structured group of folders-subfolders) and through File->library manager add this folder to the active libraries That's it

Petros
By ashley
Thank you. I was think I make some mistakes. That's how I import into the library, but the problem is I cannot see the image in the library. I only can see all of the measurement in the library. I guess there is something wrong with the GDL file :?
By Djordje
ashley wrote:Thank you. I was think I make some mistakes. That's how I import into the library, but the problem is I cannot see the image in the library. I only can see all of the measurement in the library. I guess there is something wrong with the GDL file :?
Not necessarily; maybe it just does not have the previe picture.

Can you post the screenshot? One picture ...