The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Everything about GDL - Doors/Windows/Objects/Stairs etc. (Example: I created an object that prints an error message in 3D all the time, please help!)

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, gkmethy, Gergely Feher

I've been struggling with this issue for a while, but because it seems simple, I thought I might just have missed some simple solution. But here goes:
I GDL script custom objects from scratch and want to label them with the autotext function. In schemes you have the ability to find additional object parameters (variables from the script) and list them, but with autotext in the category "Object/Lamp" I am limited to Length, Rotation and Surface - which has no purpose in my case. Is there any way to identify these variables with autotext? Or maybe som other solution?
I am aware of the Element ID (GLOB_ID) possibility, but it's simply too ineffective, thus I have to type it manually in all objects. As far as I know, it's not possible to set GLOB_ID directly from the script.

Thanks in advance
- Slumstrup