The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Everything about GDL - Doors/Windows/Objects/Stairs etc. (Example: I created an object that prints an error message in 3D all the time, please help!)

Moderators: ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, gkmethy, Gergely Feher

By M. Lam
Hi there,

I am using Archicad 15 and trying to create a new object from a sketch (am trying to make a ridge vent for roof ventilation). Once saving it, and placing it in my project, it will not come up in the 3d window despite being able to see it on the floor plan.

Tried placing in embedded library and separate folders to see if that was the issue (think I saw something similar on another forum post) but still had the problem.

Any help would be appreciated, please and thank you
If you are just drawing lines in plan and saving that as an object, then that is all you will have in your object - lines in plan.
You need to model the vent in 3D, select the 3D elements and save those as an object.
This will generate an automatic 2D projection for the plan view, although you may not be happy with that and may want to change it.
To get an object that is half way descent, you will really want to learn some basics of GDL editing.

This may help ...

https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/user-guide/72802/

Barry.