The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Everything about GDL - Doors/Windows/Objects/Stairs etc. (Example: I created an object that prints an error message in 3D all the time, please help!)

Moderators: Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, gkmethy, Gergely Feher

By Moonlight
GDL Manual, Page 494 - Table 6. Variable name prefixes

Add a prefix for angle, may be ang
By Moonlight
Project2{4}

The examples that have been used and explanations are cryptic, and unclear. Needs to be redone from the its basis
By Moonlight
GDL needs a special library section only for algorithmic solutions ...

For example, there is an algorithm that a member have shared in this forum to create a discontinued line for 3D representation, and it's fantastic.
By Moonlight
The GDL manual falls really short in two aspects

Forward & Backward GDL Migration, it just lacks meaningful content :?
By Moonlight
https://bimblog.bondbryan.co.uk/ifc-2x3 ... -a-z-list/

The content of this post by Bond Bryan, lays out the foundation for choosing the best IFC 2*3 classification for the most common elements found in the different projects.

I believe that Graphisoft must create a special chapter, with similar content to help users choose the best subtype for the intended object.
By Moonlight
In ArchiCAD standard electric MEP objects, you will need to set few standard parameters for:
  • Electric Current Types (AC/DC)
  • Electric Current Amperage
  • Electric Current Amperage Unit
  • Electric Current Frequency
  • Electric Current Frequency Unit
By Moonlight
TO Graphisoft

You Should Add this under "GDL Style Guide"

Local Coordinate "L" must return to the Global Coordinate "G" after its consumption by the general or subroutine script.

As an exception, it's admitted that you my opt out of this procedure if the coordinate transformation have taken place within a group, since that Local Coordinate "L" will return to it's previous location prior to Group definition